Northwest Montana Fire Update

Well today I cannot help but Tear up.
The news is reporting the fires, but a day makes over 100 percent difference in growth. Everything I have read on the "official" sites say that the Star Meadows Fire is 16,000 acres, but the daily interlake newspaper says it is 49,000. Another official website says
Report for Brush Creek as of Aug 4, 2007(Wildland Fire Incident)
Area: 15,981 acres (120% increase from yesterday)

Location: Flathead county, MT -
Approximately 25 miles West of Whitefish,

MTCause: LightningTeam Type: 2
Team Leader: J. Koehler0.

0% Contained
Expected Containment: Aug 30, 2007

Now August 30th containment is frightening. Isn't there planes and help around the US to help Northwest Montana Put these fires out. Today, the last I heard the TOWN of Seeley Lake was being evacuted, can you imagine, in the height of tourist season these businessed have to evacuate and remove their valuable, the reports say that SUNDAY afternoon, which now it is 3:36 pm that the fire was fastly moving toward the town and was 1.5 miles away.. my prayers are with them all. It does not Look Good.

The Star Meadows (brushcreek fire) is huge and no containment. i have heard of people who have lost livestock and not to mention the wild animals. How can they breath and the smoke is so thick how will they know which way to go. Some say fire is natural, I have to wonder what I can do to help. I told myself during Katrina that if I lived within an hour of those folks I would help and Here I sit at my computer and there is NOTHING I can do.


Keep Northwest Montana in Your Prayers Folks.
We need Rain Desparately.
There is NO END in sight to these wildfires.
These Folks have lost grazing, lost cattle and their
way of life is changed forever.
PLEASE CHECK BACK TO THIS WEBSITE
WHEN ALL THIS IS OVER IN THE FALL
AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
THESE PEOPLE.


Here are some more Good Links for
Northwest Montana Fires Updates



**********
And check out this daily Interlake article...



*******************************

SEELEY LAKE WEB CAM



************************


***********************

WHITEFISH WEB CAM




*********************


GLACIER NATIONAL PARK
WEB CAM DIRECTORY



*************************
WEB CAM DIRECTORY

~FLATHEAD VALLEY
**********
MONTANA WEB CAMS



________________________


FS WebCam BitterRoot Valley Montana
http://www.fsvisimages.com/biva1/biva1.html


______________________________


GLACIER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WEBCAM
http://www.glacierwebcam.com/

__________________________